A guide to keep going.
Guiding principle #1: Dream without restrictions
- Dream as big as you want or as small as you want. But don't let others tell you what to think and do.
- No one can tell you what is right for you or not. Only you can.
- You'll find out soon enough by taking action.
Guiding Principle #2: Don't ask
- for permission
- clueless people
- fearful people
- unhappy people
- people of authority who don't want you to succeed
- people who don't wish you well
- people who've given up on their dreams
- random strangers at parties
- Your intuition
- Your discernment
- People who know what they're talking about and wish you well, or are at least, neutral
Guiding Principle #3: But be open-minded
- Everybody is a teacher. Knowingly or unknowingly. Everybody reflects a part of you.
- You admire someone's quality? You have it in you. You despise someone's shortcomings? It says something about you.
- There are teachers out there who will inspire you. And there are teachers who'll inspire you to not go in a certain direction.
- Pick advice that you really need and resonates with you. Not advice that makes you fearful and diminished.
- Be open to constructive critic.
Guiding Principle #4: Don't waste your life - Embrace discomfort
- Get used to the idea that growing out of your comfort zone is always going to be scary. More or less.
- If you feel perfectly comfortable with doing something (Which is awesome. There's a time for everything) you're not growing.
- In fact, this idea that it's normal to feel comfortable all the time is biased.
- We're not supposed to eat junk in front of the TV daily, live a life that makes us feel like zombies, and waiting for retirement and death.
- Everybody needs some kind of growth and excitement in their lives. Otherwise, you're dead inside.
Do you want to build a business?
I can help you to...
- Master your emotions to get better results.
- Shift your perspective and raise your confidence.
- Start and take consistent action in your business.
book your Discovery call
You'll be redirected to a short application form. It takes 5 min to fill in and then you'll be able to book your call with me.
Guiding Principle #5: Be honest with (but kind to) yourself
- If you don't like something, acknowledge it. It's one of the first steps to finding your own voice
- The second step is to find out why. Why does this annoy you? Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not telling you that you should analyze every single thought you have, but if something annoys you consistently, then it's a sign you should dive deeper into it.
- The next step is to draw the conclusion.
- Whether you change the circumstances or your attitude towards it.
- It's up to you.
Guiding Principle #6: You're the captain of your ship
- You choose what you believe.
- You take responsibility for yourself (and you take care of your pets and children), your actions, and your aspirations.
- Nobody tells you what to do.
Guiding Principle #7: You're allowed to say 'no' to others and others are allowed to say 'no' to you
- You respect your boundaries.
- You respect the boundaries of others.
Guiding Principle #8: Don't look for a mission, look for joy
- I'm talking "joy" à la Marie Kondo.
- You don't need to over-complicate everything, if you don't know what you want, ask yourself: "What would spark joy?"
- The more you do it, the more you will be able to fine-tune what you want and what you don't want.
- Find joy and spread joy as much as you can.
Guiding Principle #9: Trust and persist
- Trust it will work out. Even if you take a detour. Even if you end up somewhere else in the end. Trust, that if you persist, you'll find something, one way or the other.
- Even if you think you're delusional, trust you can do it. Take care of that little voice inside of you that pushes you to go further, even if you have massive doubts.
- Because honestly if you don't, you can save time and throw in the towel now. Just think about what could be the alternative.
Guiding Principle #10: Allow negative emotions but don't let them take over
- Repressing your negative emotions is not going to serve you in the long run. On the contrary.
- Understand them as an indicator of where you are in life and what you want to change. Whether within you or outside of you.
- Once you've acknowledged them, don't stay there for ages.
- The more practice you'll have, the faster you'll get out of a negative state.
Guiding Principle #11: Yes, you can
- And if you can't you'll learn it.
- Saying that you can't seem like a reasonable thing to say, but if you keep repeating to yourself that you can't, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Of course, if you are in your 40s and want to be an Olympic gymnast, you probably can't.
- Although there might be a way to fulfill what you want from that experience in another way.
- But you get the point. I'm talking about the real stuff you feel unbelievably appealed to do.
- The question isn't if you can, but if you really want to.
- Meaning, are you willing to put in the effort to achieve your goal(s)?
Guiding Principle #12: You're allowed to change your mind
- People are encouraged to choose one thing and then stick to it, no matter what.
- A certain consistency in everything is necessary if you want to attain any kind of results.
- But sometimes people keep doing things And seeing people just because they made a promise and don't want to look bad.
Guiding Principle #13: Forget about everything I just said
- That's my philosophy. If you resonate with it, great! If not, listen to yourself and find your own compass. Your life, your rules <3